Offered for sale through Joint Agents Patricia Stokes Auctioneers & Valuers & Michael Pigott Auctioneer & Valuer is this superb five bedroomed detached property with commanding sea views almost from the Old Head of Kinsale to Ballycotton. Hidden from the road behind electric gates set between low dry-stone walls, stone pillars topped with bespoke railings and carriage lamps this property is unique. This five bedroomed detached family home extends to approx.6,230 sq. ft to include a modular designed glazed garden room (430 sq. ft.) and has an additional bank of custom-built stables of approx. 760 sq. ft. Accessed via a sweeping driveway set between manicured lawns with pops of colour from strategically placed flowering beds this property is instantly welcoming. It was designed by its current owners with every day family life in mind and was built in 2000. The attention to detail throughout the house is in evidence at every twist and turn and has stood the test of time. It was created in such a way that all reception rooms interconnect with all enjoying south facing commanding views across the lawns to the sea beyond. This home was future proofed at the construction stage by the use of Geo thermal for its heating source and the materials used at that time gives it, 20 years later, an impressive B2 energy rating. Its location at Minane Bridge is conveniently set between the popular costal spots of Roberts Cove to the east with Oysterhaven and Kinsale to the west. It is easily accessed from Cork City (20km) with Cork Airport a 20 minute drive. The vast expanse of sea to the south makes for interesting days watching the shipping traffic arrive in and out of Cork harbour while pleasure craft idle by. The accommodation internally is spacious, bright and welcoming with the use of walls of glazing in all aspects of the home from reception, living and bedrooms. There is a natural flow from one living space to the next but with secret pocket doors allowing for the rooms to become independent. All bedrooms are en-suite and the pop-up reception room at the first floor level gives buyers the opportunity of creating a place of peace to sit and relax . The property is constructed in a U shape which creates a courtyard to the rear enclosed by a bespoke stable block with four stables. Everything was thought out in detail at the construction stage by encompassing the double garage and store room under the one roof so that all can be accessed without the need for going outside. The shape and design of the property with an extensive deck running along the entire southern gable covered by the overhang of the house gives cosy outdoor shelter throughout the year. The addition of a bespoke garden room is award winning now that home entertainment has taken on a new shape and form. This garden room is completely glazed with automatic sliding sections and ease of movement to bring the outside in and vice versa. This home is easy to run on account of its future proofed nature with geothermal heating and so the inclusion of a swimming pool, gym and sauna add little to the costs. This part of the home looks out onto its own internal courtyard complete with hot tub which also enjoys the views across the gardens to the sea beyond. The landholding extends to a total of 20 acres. The property for sale sits perfectly on approx. 6 acres of manicured designed gardens directly adjoining the house. Additional lands of up to 14 acres available to purchase depending on purchasers’ requirements. The gardens have matured well over the 20 years and the selection of trees, hedges and low shrubs now combine to give the most magnificent of spaces. Large lawns are enclosed by specific planted beds and meandering paths leading to sunken gardens, raised gardens and gazebo it’s easy to get lost in time. A beautiful walled kitchen garden to the rear has a lovely glass house at its heart making light of work time here. This home is beautiful and viewing is strongly advice to see all that it has to offer.
- Entrance Porch – Accessed via teak front door with fan light overhead and window looking into the courtyard. This entrance porch is finished with quarry style tiled floor extending into the main reception. A walk-in storage/boot room off fully shelved with tiled floor.
- Reception Hallway – A beautiful warm and welcoming reception finished with quarry style tiling. A feature stone-built floor to ceiling fireplace with spelt oak mantle and inset fire sits at its heart. A room in itself with beautiful views to the south across the dining room and glazed sliding doors to outer courtyard. Access through wide steps with handcrafted black iron handrails to formal dining room. Cloaks press off. Staircase to upper living room.
- Guest WC – Located off the reception hall and finished with two-piece suite from the hermitage bathroom ware range. Tiled floor and walls to dado height with the use of black and white tiles.
- Kitchen/Dining Room – Much thought went into the layout and design of this kitchen. The decision to put maximum storage into two distinct walk-in pantries is one that has reaped rewards. It has allowed for an easy arrangement within the kitchen itself with everything close to hand. The kitchen is customised with French oak units fitted in an L shape around a central island. With black granite worktop the island is plumed for deep bowl sink unit complete with filter tap and dishwasher as well as giving undercounter storage and display wine rack. Wired with sockets it gives maximum worktop surface with three teardrop lights overhead. The L shape offers a selection of floor and eye level units with integrated 5 ringed gas hob and extractor, double oven, microwave and fridge fitted. There are pull out larder presses, pot drawers, spice racks and a hideaway coffee station A wall of glazing looking south across the gardens and the sea views beyond is the backdrop wherever you are working in this room all finished with Italian marble floor tiles. Daily dining is catered for directly adjacent to the kitchen and set within a corner return of glazing looking down into the sunken garden on the eastern side and to the deck on the southern side ensuring maximum sunlight at the important times of the day. With matching teardrop lights to those in the kitchen directly over the dining table. A bespoke home office/study space is revealed behind flush bi-folding doors ensuring all works can be done from this sunny bright space. The two walk in pantries are concealed directly behind the kitchen.
- Lounge – Set against a backdrop of a southern wall of glazing and accessed with discreet pocket doors this room is expansive with 14 ft floor to ceiling height. A solid fuel wood burning cassette stove sits at its centre within a marble feature fireplace. Fitted bespoke units either side complete with downlights to accentuate and compliment the centre lights. Matching wall lights and recessed lights set with mood lighting switches for all time of the year. The wide plank oak floor runs through from all other reception areas to allow for an easy open flow of spaces. Decorated in neutral tones with vaulted ceiling finished in painted wood panelling. Double doors opening to covered deck outside.
- Dining Room – Finished with wide plank oak wood flooring it sits as a central point within the home. Curved walls and recesses with discreet recessed lighting this room enjoys a full wall of glazing to the southern side of the house capturing beautiful views across the garden to the sea beyond. Display cabinets keep everything close to hand for evenings of entertainment. Designed in such a way as to be open plan to both the lounge and the kitchen beyond while at the same time closed off to give it its own privacy.
- Reading Area – Finished with oak wood floor and glazed to the inner courtyard this bright and airy hallway leads through to and upper relaxing space used regularly as a reading room. It is finished with tiled floor complete with mosaic border inset and connects the living accommodation to summer room, pool, gym, and sauna Finished in warm tones this is a beautiful space to site and relax.
- Conservatory – A magnificent custom designed and modular built room measuring 5 mt x 8 mt. Connected to the main house by a glazed hallway this room has had significant use over the last year. Made in Tukey the room slotted into place neatly and is centred on a limestone patio. It is constructed in such a way to give a smooth transition from inside to out. The roof tilts and retracts and each of the 5 meter expanse of glazing in the main walls retracts. This room is fully wired and plumbed and fitted with sink and storage with fridge
- Master Bedroom – This master suite gives space to all elements within. The bedroom itself measuring 5.4 mt x 4.5 mt is finished with oak flooring accentuating the space here. A wall of glazing in keeping with the theme of the rooms thus far completes the southern elevation and lead through double doors to the covered deck beyond. There are beautiful views from this room across the manicured gardens. Centre light with matching wall lights.
- Dressing Room – Located off the main bedroom and separating the bedroom from the en-suite this walk-in dressing room is finished with floor to ceiling closed and open hanging and shelving spaces. Hollywood mirror with recessed lighting.
- En-Suite 1 – Fitted with four-piece bathroom suite to include corner bath, walk in shower, wc. Customised vanity sink unit with under sink storage topped with granite. Over vanity mirror, lights and storage presses. Heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2 – A lovely double bedroom ideal for guests located looking south across the gardens and finished with stained wood flooring. Double sliding doors within the southern glazed wall to the gardens
- En-Suite 2 – Fully tiled in a black and white theme and fitted with three-piece suite in the Heritage range to include walk in shower, wall mounted sink and WC. Recessed lighting.
- Hallway – A lovely bright hallway finished with wood floor and recessed lights. Fitted double cupboard acts as an ideal linen press. Windows to courtyard ensuring this space is bright at all times. Fitted bespoke shelving.
- Bedroom 3 – Impressive in size this is a lovely dual aspect bedroom located in a private setting. Finished with wood flooring this room is exceptionally bright.
- En-Suite 3 – Fully tiled with three piece suite fitted from the Sottini bathroom ware collection to include WC, walk in shower and sink. Fitted vanity sink unit set within marble top with shelving, mirror and over light.
- Bedroom 4 – A lovely double room with stained wood floor and finished in lemons and blues. A lovely private room with the addition of shutters on all windows.
- En-Suite 4 – Fitted three-piece bathroom suite with WC, walk in shower and wash hand basin from the Sottini bathroom ware collection. Finished in a colour scheme in keeping with the bedroom the en suite is fully tiled. Customised marble topped vanity unit with sink, vanity mirror and over light.
- Stairs – A bespoke custom designed curved staircase leads to the first-floor reception room as well as bedroom 5. The staircase is finished in oak with wrought iron curved handrail.
- Living Room – Wrapped in glazing and located at first floor level there are commanding views from this room at its elevated position. Finished with exposed rafters set against a backdrop of wood panelled feature ceiling and walls. Bespoke cabinets with open display shelves. Finished with wood floor and gas stove set at its centre ensures this room is cosy. Door to outside wrap around balcony.
- Bedroom 5 – Located at first floor level this bedroom is any teenager’s dream. Set apart from the other bedrooms with its own private reception room off. Built in raised double bed with built in robes and matching chest of drawers.
- En-Suite 5 – Three-piece white suite in the Sottini bathroom range fully tiled with walk in shower.
- Hallway – Tiled hall leading to Gym, Pool, Laundry Room, double garage and Store
- Gym/Exercise Room – Floored in Amtico with wall-to-wall mirrors accentuating light from the overhead roof Velux. Fully wired for all the essential exercise equipment.
- Hallway – Strategically place with views from the half door to the gardens outside.
- Swimming Pool – Double door to pool fitted with child safety control access. Measuring 5.7 mt x 3.6 mt this pool is a tremendous addition to the home and is run in an energy and financially efficient way using a heat pump. Finished with cathedral ceiling in wood it has a Scandinavian look and two Velux windows coupled with sliding glazed walls accentuate the natural light. Fitted with automatic ventilation and dehumidifier systems. A private courtyard encased by natural stone walls and mature planting and raised deck gives maximum shelter to the hot tub and ice bath. A discretely placed window built into the stone wall allows for sea views across the gardens while relaxing. Shower/steam room fully tiled off the pool area together with wash hand basin and separate wc.
- Utility/Laundry Room – Fitted with single drainer sink with cupboards and shelving for storage. Tiled over work top space and door to rear covered patio. Plumbed for washing machine and tumble dryer
- Garage – Extensive double garage with up and over teak electric door. Polished concrete floor and direct access to the home these garages are easily accessible. An additional store room with direct access from the garage as well as tiple bi-folding teak door from the outside courtyard acts as a third garage if necessary. Store and plant rooms housing water filtration system. These garages could easily become a teenage kick about room. Fitted with shelves.
- Stable – A bank of four stables encloses the cobble lock courtyard to the rear of the property. This structure extends to 766 Sq. Ft. and includes a parcel drop off room with wc. Unusual in design these stables have dual access making light work of mucking out. Custom built to a high standard and fitted with power and plumbing these units could easily take on a different function.
Features B2 Energy rating Geothermal heating throughout with heat recovery ventilation Mood lighting throughout Brushed chrome sockets and switches Central vac system Marvin window and doors throughout Shadow gap skirting and architrave Two Electric car chargers Pumped water system giving pressurised showers throughout Expansive Iroko deck Indian sandstone patio Italian ceramic tiles Liscannor stone walls Built in security and fire system Customised irrigation system to flowering beds and pots. Generator CCTV Cameras, burglar alarm, fire alarm The Gardens The level of attention at the design stage of this home was carried through to the approx. 5 acres of gardens immediately surrounding it. These gardens are well used and give definition to individual areas yet allows them all to combine to read as one space. The outside deck is covered abutting the entire southern and eastern sides of the property. On the southern side it is encased with extensive beds of mature planting vibrant in colour and alive at all times of the year ensuring the different seasons give it a different look. The deck is most extensive directly outside the kitchen and the use of an upstand of glazing ensures it is well sheltered for permanent use. The creation of a sunken paved garden in Indian sandstone to the eastern side is magnificent. Low stone walls with capping give additional natural seating when required. There is a beautiful wide lawn beyond the landscaped enclosed deck with a sunken lavender bed at its centre. The western side of the property with its bespoke garden room sits surrounded by limestone flags and private enclosed gardens. The use of dry-stone walls, meandering paths, hedging and peep throughs all add to the enchantment of these gardens. A hidden walkway almost maze like to the south west leads through to a gazabo enclosed by high hedges. On the eastern end of the gardens a relaxing bench is set within a bed of wild roses, hydrangeas and has the shade of mature trees with a meandering gravel path. The Rear A bank of four stables encloses the cobble lock courtyard to the rear of the property. This structure extends to 766 Sq. Ft. and includes a parcel drop off room with wc. Unusual in design these stables have dual access making light work of mucking out. Custom built to a high standard and fitted with power and plumbing these units could easily take on a different function. The Kitchen Garden A mature beech hedge lines the way to the walled kitchen garden formally arranged with raised planting beds constructed in dry stone walls to make reaping and sowing easy. Set with a bespoke greenhouse (2.6m x 4.6m) at its centre and arranged with defined paths between the beds this is a lovely place to work in with rewards of flourishing Rhubarb, Blackcurrants, Raspberries and Cranberries along with all vegetable selection. An extensive poly tunnel is located a bit beyond to cater for the start offs not yet ready for outside planting with the individual beds there given definition through the use of sleepers. Italian ceramic tiled steps from one side and a fuchsia walk from the other lead from the kitchen garden to additional landscaped hidden gardens complete with selective plants and mature trees from cherry blossom to wedding cake tree strategically placed to give maximum privacy
BER: B2 BER No. 113824657 Energy Performance Indicator: 100.11 kWh/m²/yr