Seldom does a house with commanding coastal views combined with rolling countryside come to the market in such a convenient location. Such is the case with this home at Reagrove, located outside Minane Bridge close to the towns of Kinsale and Carrigaline. Set along a perfect Irish country road you would be forgiven for not really knowing exactly what part of the southern Irish coastline you are on given the picture-perfect images the surrounding area paints. This beautiful 5/6 bedroomed detached home extends to just over 2,700 sq. ft on c. 3/4 acre of ground and built in 1999 by its current and only owners. The property has been a much loved and cared-for family home. The property boasts an original Famine-era stone-built cottage in the garden and combined with old stone walls as the boundary enhances the character of this home. With children having flown the nest it is time to downsize and offer the opportunity to the next owner to use all of the space on offer. The property sits perfectly on the grounds with manicured gardens extending to approx. ½ acre directly adjacent to the house. There is an extensive patio running to the rear of the property which has planted flowering beds and vegetable patches. An old stone wall depicts the boundaries to the front and side while a fuchsia hedge sorts to the other side. The balance of the site while lawned allows nature to do its thing. The property was well thought out and gives an excellent balance between living and bedroom accommodation. The living accommodation enjoys a wealth of reception rooms in varying sizes and offers from the formal lounge to the cosy family room. There are a number of rooms that provide multi-function depending on a purchaser?s requirements. Five of the six bedrooms are at first floor level with master en-suite. A double bedroom at ground floor level with adjacent bathroom caters for that requirement should it occur. The open plan kitchen/dining room is located to the southern side of the property to the rear and with its spectacular views makes it a difficult place to leave. The only reason you would want to do this is to sit in the fully glazed conservatory which gives even better all-round views located just off the dining space via double doors. The location of this home is sought after as it nestles nicely at the mid-way point between the town of Kinsale and Carrigaline and enjoys the benefits that both these towns have to offer. It is an easy 30 minutes to Cork Airport and Cork city beyond. Carrigaline is a thriving host town for the many companies located beyond. It offers the convenience of services, recreational and educational facilities, retail and restaurants catering for everyday life. The immediate community of Minane Bridge are renowned for their annual Arts and community festival held in July of each year attracting a wide range of artists to the village. Kinsale is renowned for its cuisine aptly named as the Gourmet Capital of the South and has a host of water-based sporting activities to include sailing, surfing and fishing. Other sporting clubs at Kinsale include Equestrian, rugby and of course golf at the renowned Old Head. The immediate locality offers a choice of local schools, post office and shop as well as selection of sandy beaches from Rocky Bay to Roberts Cove and all the little private spaces in between that only locals would know. Viewing is highly recommended to see all that this lovely home has to offer
- Reception Hall (4.80m x 3.00m 15.75ft x 9.84ft) The entrance to this home is warm and welcoming and instantly gives a sense of the space that lies within. Finished with neutral tiled floor this area is lovely and bright with gable windows at ground and first floor level. Void to upper landing.
- Lounge (6.10m x 4.40m 20.01ft x 14.44ft) Located to the front of the property and accessed off the reception hall this is a significant room in size. It enjoys a deep-set bay window looking out onto the front lawns and gardens beyond. Black cast iron fireplace with painted wood surround brings a lovely contract to this room. Finished with stained wood floor.
- Family Room (4.30m x 4.20m 14.11ft x 13.78ft) Located to the rear of the property this room is cosy and enjoys a cast iron feature fireplace with marble plinth at its hearth. Finished in neutral tones with open displace shelving this room has commanding views to the sea through sliding patio doors that lead to the rear patio and gardens. Finished with stained wood floor.
- Kitchen/Dining Room (6.80m x 3.50m 22.31ft x 11.48ft) This room is simply lovely, located to the rear of the property it couldn’t be better placed and offers commanding sea views. Fitted with a handmade painted kitchen the units are arranged in a U shape and gives a myriad of storage. Floor and eye level units are topped with a wood worktop and tiled in between with a neutral backdrop. A clever breakfast bar was included in the design and allows the space to flow well. Double bowl sink unit below a big picture window make light of any jobs here on account of the commanding backdrop. A rangemaster cooker is fitted within an alcove with a tiled backdrop. All other appliances to include fridge freezer and dishwasher are integrated. A walk-in pantry/larder press takes all of the overflow storage needed and is fitted floor to ceiling with open shelving. The dining area is located off the kitchen and is set inside sliding patio doors to make sure views are captured whether preparing your meal or eating. This room is finished with similar tiles to that in the reception but laid cleverly in a different way to define the space.
- Utility Room (3.50m x 1.70m 11.48ft x 5.58ft) Located off the kitchen/dining room and fitted with a host of floor and eye level units. Single drainer sink unit fitted. Walk in cloaks press, door to rear garden and patio.
- Conservatory (3.60m x 3.50m 11.81ft x 11.48ft) Located off the kitchen/dining room this conservatory is simply beautiful. Added at a later stage this room was well thought out to make sure it offered permanent use regardless of the time of year. The room is fully glazed floor to ceiling with vaulted ceiling hight and windows at higher level to capture every drop of sunshine. Sliding doors open to the gardens and patio outside. Painted in neutral tones and finished with a tiled floor.
- Home Office (3.40m x 2.60m 11.15ft x 8.53ft) Located to the front of the property at ground floor level this is a fine home office but could easily act as an alternative function should a discerning purchaser wish i.e., play room or study room. Finished with wood-stained floor
- Gym/Exercise Room (3.50m x 3.20m 11.48ft x 10.50ft) Teenage Den/Gym/Bedroom 6 Finished with stained wood floor this room offers a myriad of uses depending on requirements. It is perfectly proportioned with a shower room adjoining.
- Bathroom (2.40m x 3.90m 7.87ft x 12.80ft) Located at ground floor level and off the hallway this bathroom is fitted with 3-piece white shower suites. Fully tiled and enclosed shower cubicle. Tastefully decorated with wood panelling to dado heights and tiled floor.
- Stairs and Landing ( ) As you arrive at first floor level the landing is bright and inviting with a big open and bright space helped by the void to the reception hall below coupled with the gable window at ground and first floor level.
- Main Bedroom Suite (4.80m x 4.40m 15.75ft x 14.44ft) Finished in an attractive colour scheme this main bedroom is perfectly positioned to capture the fabulous views through the floor to ceiling doors with Juliette balcony. Dual aspect with additional gable window. Finished with laminate floor
- En-suite (2.30m x 1.60m 7.55ft x 5.25ft) Fitted with three-piece white suite complete with walk in shower. Tastefully tiled in neutral beige. Heated towel rail and fitted vanity sink with under storage and vanity mirror.
- Walk in Wardrobe (2.30m x 1.60m 7.55ft x 5.25ft) Fitted with floor to ceiling hanging and shelving space.
- Bedroom 2 (4.40m x 4.40m 14.44ft x 14.44ft) Perfectly square this is a fine double bedroom tastefully decorated with punch out colours. This room looks out over the front lawns. Finished with laminate floor.
- Bedroom 3 (4.10m x 3.40m 13.45ft x 11.15ft) Dual in aspect capturing south and east aspects this room is lovely. Another fine double finished with laminate floor and offering commanding views.
- Bedroom 4 (3.60m x 3.40m 11.81ft x 11.15ft) Located to the rear of the property and enjoying commanding views to the sea this is another fine double bedroom.
- Bedroom 5 (4.10m x 2.90m 13.45ft x 9.51ft) Located to the front with dual aspect and double in size this room is exceptionally bright with its large picture window.
- Family Bathroom ( ) Fitted with four-piece white suite to include pedestal sink, WC, enclosed shower cubicle and bathtub with shower attachment. Tiled over bath. Spacious and bright.
- Hotpress ( ) Walk-in hot press fitted with shelving for easy storage and access.
- Cottage (6.20m x 3.70m 20.34ft x 12.14ft) In its original form and located across the front lawn via guiding stepping stones this is the most attractive olde world stone cottage. Despite its age the cottage is in excellent order and completely dry inside finished with corrugated roof. It offers a range of uses. The views from this part of the garden are beautiful and its easy to see why the current owners would place some easy chairs here.
- Garden Shed (3.30m x 3.10m 10.83ft x 10.17ft) A block-built garden shed to take care of all gardening storage needs. Home to water tank, boiler and water filtration system.
Convenient Location between Kinsale and Carrigaline Vibrant community on the doorstep Approx. 2,707 Sq. Ft C. 3/4 acre site Septic Tank Own Well Oil central heating Double Glazed PVC windows C1 energy rating Gardens The views from every part of this house and every part of its gardens are second to none with a mix of countryside and an expanse of sea beyond. This home sits on a site extending to 3/4 of an acre and is arranged in two sections. The house sits perfectly centred on a 0.5 acre of gardens that are well thought out and offer large level lawns in the main. Pockets of colour are punched out through flowering beds and rockeries adjoining the house. An old stone wall complete with pedestrian gate encompasses the gardens to the front and the eastern side. A mature fuchsia hedge takes care of the other two sides. An arch in the Fuchsia takes you through to the balance of the grounds again laid to lawn but allows nature to do its own work. An ideal football pitch or kick about area. The western side of the house has its own landscaped area ideal to retreat and meditate while still enjoying the views. Well water supply
BER: C1 BER No. 115226037