Cloncarrig is a uniquely designed five bedroomed detached family home offering space at every twist and turn in both its living and bedroom accommodation. The quality of Cloncarrig is in evidence throughout and the spaces within offer a multiple of uses or rearrangement to flow as the occupier would want. Steeped in the older part of Douglas Village, Cloncarrig in its current form was built in 2011 on the site of a traditional bungalow and every part of it is new with the exception of its location. It now stands as a modern, maintenance free home finished in smooth plaster with a punch out of stone work in its external façade. The property boasts an impressive B1 energy rating over its 3,300 sq. ft. of space giving a truly magnificent home. The floor to ceiling height at ground floor is a standard 8ft. 7? increasing to an impressive 12ft. 8? in the vaulted ceilings in the dining rooms as well as the cosy living room. The property abounds with quality from the Porcelain tiled floor running throughout the entire ground floor to the bespoke joinery and architrave in solid oak. The use of rubber wood in the windows sills ensures they stand the test of time. A pressurised water system combines with solar panels and adds to the overall efficiency of this home. Built-in units from the kitchen to the living rooms as well as all bedrooms are bespoke and compliment the areas they are fitted into. The use of glazing within the internal oak doors ensure the light doesn?t leave you as you go from one room to the next. The neutral colour pallet of Porcelain tile running throughout the ground floor enhances and reflects this natural light further. Indian Sandstone is used in the patio spaces and access walkways complementing the soft landscaping externally. At planning stage, the owners of this home sought a detached family home complete with self-contained granny flat. It has been constructed in such a way to give an easy integration from the self-contained area so that all of it could be integrated into the overall flow of space within this home. The way it has been created and the interior design finish allows for it to be just additional rooms at ground floor level. The outside of this home is as flawless as the internal. Indian sandstone flags are used in the patio and side access. A cobble lock driveway behind a sliding gate allow for parking of multiple cars. Viewing is highly recommended to see all that this home has to offer.
- Reception Hall (4.50m x 5.50m 14.76ft x 18.04ft) A beautifully spacious inviting entrance hall finished in an appealing neutral interior decor colour scheme matched with the Porcelain tiles. Staircase leading to first floor accommodation. Walk in cloaks press offering plenty of storage.
- Guest WC (1.00m x 1.80m 3.28ft x 5.91ft) Perfectly located off the entrance hall boasting two-piece white suite with bespoke vanity sink unit. Tastefully tiled floor and tiled over sink area with vanity mirror.
- Sitting Room (4.60m x 4.50m 15.09ft x 14.76ft) Located to the front of the property via glazed door just off the entrance hall this is a lovely room. Almost perfectly square at 15ft by 14ft this room is beautifully finished. Floor to ceiling return of glazing to include sliding patio doors opening to the enclosed front garden. A lovely bright room with a feature fireplace at its heart which was lovingly hand-restored by the current owner sourcing the tiled inset in keeping with the ear of the fireplace itself. Cast iron with painted limestone surround, painted limestone upstand and stone heart.
- Kitchen/Living (4.50m x 4.20m 14.76ft x 13.78ft) The overall space contained in this room extend to 360 sq. ft and finished with neutral themed Porcelain tiles throughout accentuates this space further. This room connecting directly with the garden and patio to the rear gives a superb balance to each of its functions and as a result is difficult to leave. The kitchen is well fitted and arranged around an extensive island unit. The island is bespoke and with wide counter top space finished in granite complementing the oak units contained beneath. The island drops down to table top level and allows for easy dining connected directly with the kitchen. The rest of the oak kitchen is laid out in an L shape and give a tremendous run of fitted presses at floor and eye level. Tall units house the American fridge freezer and a 5 ringed rangemaster is inset in its own alcove, tiled and with a complementing black granite worktop. The kitchen benefits from two sink units to cater for the chef’s preferred choice of work location. Display presses with glazed insets and lighting within are complimented by the recess light in the pelmet overhead. The family room is arranged to one side off the kitchen and inside a floor to ceiling fixed glazing looking out to the garden beyond.
- Dining Area (4.90m x 3.09m 16.08ft x 10.14ft) The dining is also connected to the kitchen and set beneath two Velux roof lights with the back drop of a double sliding door to the gardens outside. The overall space in this room is accentuated by the floor to ceiling height of 12ft 8�, is beautifully bright, warm and inviting at all times of the day.
- Living Room (4.90m x 4.50m 16.08ft x 14.76ft) Another perfectly shaped room and located to the rear of the property this room is lovely and cosy. It enjoys a vaulted ceiling accentuating the space within. A feature-built chimney breast is arranged at its heart with a raised fireplace and teak mantle. A wood burning stove sits on Indian sandstone flags and connects into the main heating system at ground floor level giving added benefit of heat throughout whenever it is alight. A lovely curved display unit greets you as you enter the room and is coupled with floor to ceiling alcove shelving to the side of the fireplace complete with storage presses.
- Utility Room (3.40m x 2.40m 11.15ft x 7.87ft) Accessed off the inner hall with glazed door and adjacent to the kitchen this is a perfectly sized utility room. Hosting wall to wall floor and eye level units as well as tall presses all arranged in an L shape, it offers counter top work surfaces tiled between the units. A large Belfast sink with under storage sits below a gable window. Side door to access the gardens. Fully tiled floor.
- Lounge (5.90m x 4.20m 19.36ft x 13.78ft) Laid out as a self-contained room and fully floored with Porcelain tiles this room has extensive glazing to the side and rear. Sliding patio doors lead directly to the rear garden ensuring this room is perfectly bright throughout the day. It has the benefit of a fitted kitchen complete with floor and eye level units as well as all necessary appliances. Arranged in an L shape these could be removed with ease to allow the room to be used for reception purposes only. Accessed from the side hallway with door leading to main open plan kitchen/dining/family room.
- Back Hall (2.90m x 1.77m 9.51ft x 5.81ft) Tastefully tiled
- Bedroom 5 (3.90m x 3.50m 12.80ft x 11.48ft) Located at ground floor level this is a lovely double bedroom. Finished with wooden floor this room looks out over the front garden and driveway and has an extensive deep feature bay window with built in window seat and storage beneath. Wall to wall slide robe with hanging and shelving units as well as customised TV area nicely hidden away when not in use.
- Wet Room (2.65m x 2.10m 8.69ft x 6.89ft) As an en-suite to bedroom 5 a full family bathroom is located here off the back lobby and offers a three-piece walk-in shower suite. Vanity sink arranged centred with multiple storage presses and drawers beneath. A decent mirror overhead with lighting fitted. The walk-in shower has fixed glazed shower screen and the tiles here change to depict its function yet complement the rest of the tiling in this room.
- Stairs ( ) With two roof lights in the landing overhead this staircase is lovely and bright. Designed to fit the space perfectly the stairs is finished with carpet, painted spindles beneath a painted wood hand rail.
- Landing (7.50m x 4.62m 24.61ft x 15.16ft) This is a lovely landing space and gives access to the walk-in hot press with all the workings for solar panels and pressurised water system. Separately there are double doors to a fully shelved linen press. This landing with its two roof lights is currently arranged as an additional reception space with tv unit including shelf space and drawers as well as space for seating which could easily become a home office or study depending on the requirements.
- Main Bedroom Suite ( ) The main bedroom suite takes up the entire depth of this home running from front to rear and offers separations to give a peaceful bedroom space given over to sleeping, a separate dressing room, and then through to the en-suite.
- Master Bedroom (4.55m x 3.86m 14.93ft x 12.66ft) Double in size and located to the front of the property this room is lovely. It enjoys big picture window and wall to wall slide robes take care of any additional storage not already catered for in the walk-in dressing room.
- Dressing Room (2.69m x 1.92m 8.83ft x 6.30ft) The dressing room is set between the bedroom and en-suite and is an envious space. Fitted with hanging rails and shelves with plenty of circulation space within. The walk through from the bedroom to the en-suite is bright with the use of a Velux. A run of fitted storage units to hip height are arranged here giving plenty of space for make up or hair.
- En-suite (3.37m x 2.32m 11.06ft x 7.61ft) A beautiful main ensuite fitted with four-piece bathroom suite. There are two Velux windows in this room which allows the light to bounce from side to side. The entire room is tiled in neutral relaxing tones. Pops of colour in the tiles are used in the walk-in shower while the other side of the room is given over to a corner bath tub. A superb vanity unit beneath an extensive mirror is housed with storage presses and drawers beneath.
- Bedroom 2 (4.29m x 3.96m 14.07ft x 12.99ft) It is difficult to decide as to the order of these bedrooms as all are double in size and enjoy their own en-suite. This double bedroom has the benefit of sliding doors into a walk-in dressing space which is fitted with a selection of shelves as well as hanging rails. Additional storage is catered for to the back of the room and offers dressing table and vanity space.
- En-suite (1.50m x 1.53m 4.92ft x 5.02ft) Fitted with white three-piece suite and finished in grey and white colour scheme in the tiling. A Velux window gives plenty of natural light here. Corner entry enclosed shower cubicle complete with pressurised shower fitted. Bespoke vanity sink with under storage presses and mirror overhead.
- Bedroom 3 (3.26m x 3.05m 10.70ft x 10.01ft) This room is located to the front of the property and is another fine double. It has a fine big picture window and is fitted with wall-to-wall slide robes giving lots of storage.
- En-suite (1.50m x 1.53m 4.92ft x 5.02ft) A sister image to the ensuite enjoyed next door fitted with white three-piece suite and finished in grey and white colour scheme in the tiling. Corner entry enclosed shower cubicle complete with electric shower fitted. Bespoke vanity sink with under storage presses and mirror overhead.
- Bedroom 4 (4.58m x 4.13m 15.03ft x 13.55ft) Located to the rear of the property another fine double bedroom and offers slide robes fitted for all storage needs.
- En-suite (2.09m x 1.19m 6.86ft x 3.90ft) Mirroring what is now expected this is fitted with white three-piece suite and finished in grey and white colour scheme in the tiling. Enclosed shower cubicle complete with pressurised shower fitted. Bespoke vanity sink with under storage presses and mirror overhead. A Velux window gives plenty of natural light here.
- Garden Shed (4.00m x 3.00m 13.12ft x 9.84ft) Accessed via Indian sandstone pathway is a steel tech garden shed set in the corner of the garden and has both light and sockets. It takes care of all gardening needs as well as bikes and trikes.
- Host of reception rooms
- Open plan spaces
- Extensive fitted kitchen
- All bedrooms are en-suite
- Fitted robes in all bedrooms
- Quality tiling and sanitary ware throughout
- Extensive in size 3,300 sq. ft (307 sq. mt)
- B1 energy rating
- Ceiling height 8ft 7inch increasing to 12ft. 8
The outside of this home is simply perfect. The rear garden benefits from south and west aspects and is fully enclosed with full length Hedera Golden Heart creepers. An extensive patio laid in Indian sandstone flags is directly adjacent to the house and connects from the back living room to the dining space passing the family room en-route to the lounge. The lawn is raised from the patio space and accessed via three steps set in sleepers. The encasing wall finished with red brick and topped with Indian sandstone capping gives lots of natural seating in this rear garden. A bespoke water feature is set against the back garden wall and cascades over three layers of handmade natural stone. To the rear of the property is a little hideaway with planted beds yielding leaves for salads and other greens. The front is finished with a cobble lock driveway capable of taking three cars and accessed via a sliding gate. There is a pedestrian gate set within the garden wall topped with black wrought iron railing. Soft landscaping in the form of lawn encased by red brick upstand with planted shrubs. A mature red robin hedge takes position on the southern boundary. There is access around both sides of the house both through privacy gates. The northern side gives a partially covered path and has creepers planted and beginning to come on along the boundary wall with the neighbour. On the southern side the privacy gate leads through to another covered area this time more extensive and offers storage as well as plenty of hanging lines for laundry. This area is finished in the same Indian sandstone slabs in keeping with the rear.
BER: B1 BER No. 115473639