Clonbar House, Curraheen Road, Bishopstown, Cork Located in the heart of Bishopstown, lies this fine five bedroomed detached family home standing on a site extending to approx 0.69 acres. The property built in 1972 has remained in the same ownership from it beginning. Offering 1,867 sq. ft (173.46 sq. mt.) of space over two levels along with 305 sq. ft. (28.4 sq. mt.) in a detached shed to the rear this home is sure to appeal to many. It is perfectly centred to allow would be purchasers the opportunity to extend the accommodation further. The site given its location and size offers development potential and outline planning permission is in the process of being sought for the development of 5 apartments to replace the family home. Ideally set with a host of amenities and facilities close by this home offers families the opportunity of acquiring a home to cater for all of their needs. The close by amenities include: MTU on its doorsteps along with CUH, Bons Secours and The Mercy Hospital while UCC and the city centre are just a short drive or bus ride away. Wilton and all of its shopping facilities are within walking distance. Some of the most sought-after schools are located in Bishopstown and are within walking distance or a short drive to include: Scoil an Spioraid Naoimh Boys, Colaiste an Spioraid Naoimh, Bishopstown Community School, St. Catherine?s National School & Mount Mercy College Cork. The South Ring Road gives easy access for Cork City Centre and Cork Airport Business Park and a myriad of routes lead west to Ballincollig home to Dell EMC, VMWare to name a few. There is a maturity with this home inside and out. The internal room all offer great space with some running front to rear, others perfectly square in size and shape giving good and easy to use spaces. The property sits perfectly on its site with lots of set back private space to the front and an equal amount of enclosed southern gardens to the rear. The accommodation extends to covered entrance, reception hall, lounge, family room, kitchen/dining room, sun room, utility room, guest wc and teenage den and that just for downstairs. The first floor has five bedrooms ( four of which are double) as well as a family bathroom. The attic offers further development potential. The property has double glazed PVC windows, oil central heating and enjoys a D2 energy rating. The gardens of this home are now really coming into their own and the foresight of selective planting 50 years ago is paying dividends. Bursts of colour in the mature Acers as well as camellias and rhododendron are in evidence front and rear. Viewing highly recommended.
- Entrance Porch ( ) A covered entrance porch runs the width of the property finished with tiled floor.
- Reception Hall (4.40m x 2.00m 14.44ft x 6.56ft) Accessed via teak front door with half glazing and glazed panel to the side this is a bright reception hall. Finished with wood block floor.
- Lounge (6.40m x 3.60m 21.00ft x 11.81ft) A beautiful dual aspect lounge running from front to rear and gives wonderful proportions. This room is bright and airy with a feature fireplace at its heart with open fire. Cornicing and centre rose complete the look.
- Family Room (4.90m x 3.10m 16.08ft x 10.17ft) Located to the other side of the reception hall this is a lovely room looking out over the front garden. Finished with cork tiled floor and cornicing.
- Kitchen/Dining Room (4.90m x 3.30m 16.08ft x 10.83ft) A lovely square room located off the entrance hall with double doors leading out into the sun room to the rear. The kitchen is well fitted, finished with oak units at floor and eye level to include display presses with lighting. Single drainer sink unit fitted along with double oven, hob and integrated extractor.
- Sunroom (2.40m x 2.40m 7.87ft x 7.87ft) Accessed from either the kitchen/dining room or the utility room this is a peaceful room finished with lots of glazing giving a sense of enclosure within the south facing rear garden. Finished with tiled floor and door leading to the garden and patio beyond.
- Teenage Den (5.00m x 3.00m 16.40ft x 9.84ft) Currently being used as a home office this room is dual aspect to the front and side. It offers a myriad of potential uses.
- Utility Room (5.30m x 3.00m 17.39ft x 9.84ft) Extensive in size this utility room is L in shape and offers plenty of fitted units to complement and enhance the storage offered in the kitchen. Dual in aspect with windows looking to the side and rear gardens this room has tremendous counter top work surfaces. Single drainer sink unit.
- Guest WC (1.60m x 0.80m 5.25ft x 2.62ft) Located just off the utility room.
- Stairs and Landing (5.40m x 1.30m 17.72ft x 4.27ft) Finished with carpet this stairway and landing is flooded with natural light through the south facing window at the half landing. A walk-in storage press is located beneath the stairs with window and offers a great cloaks press.
- Bedroom 1 (4.80m x 3.30m 15.75ft x 10.83ft) This main bedroom is located to the front of the property and is a tremendous size. It enjoys wall to wall fitted robes with inset sink and vanity space with mirror. Finished with carpet.
- Bedroom 2 (3.60m x 3.20m 11.81ft x 10.50ft) Again, looking out over the front gardens this bedroom is double in size. Finished with carpet
- Bedroom 3 (3.10m x 2.80m 10.17ft x 9.19ft) Double in size and located to the rear of the property. This room enjoys double fitted robe with overhead storage. Finished with carpet
- Bedroom 4 (3.10m x 2.60m 10.17ft x 8.53ft) Located to the rear of the property this room is double in size and finished with carpet
- Bedroom 5 (3.10m x 2.60m 10.17ft x 8.53ft) Located to the front of the property this room could easily take on the role of a home office or study depending on a purchaser’s requirements.
- Bathroom (2.20m x 1.90m 7.22ft x 6.23ft) Fitted with three-piece bathroom suite. Fully enclosed shower cubicle with electric shower fitted. Fitted vanity unit with under storage presses, mirror splashback and vanity light. Heated towel rail.
- Hotpress ( ) Shelved with immersion fitted. A sister press is fitted on the other side of the landing as a full laundry press.
- Attic Space ( ) With access from the landing this attic is extensive and offers further potential of conversion should a purchaser wish.
- Garden Shed (7.10m x 4.00m 23.29ft x 13.12ft) Block built to a high standard with double PVC door and pvc glazed window this shed has power and could easily be converted for a different use.
Extensive site of approximately 0.69 acres
Desirable residential location
Development opportunity subject to planning permission
Mature gardens and driveway
D2 Energy rating
The outside of this home is expansive and the grounds extend to 0.69 acres. The gardens are now wonderfully mature and offer a selection of shrubs and trees to enhance the sense of peace and calm experienced here. The front garden is accessed via electric double gates with planted lawned areas either side the tarmac driveway which offers maximum parking for at least 4 cars and loops around to the rear of the property. Some of the mature plants here in the front garden offer mature oak trees along with copper beech and camellia take pride of place inside the garden wall with bursts of pink coloured blooms when in season. The rear garden enjoys a lovely patio directly adjacent to the house itself. Beyond that is a second patio with bespoke built pagoda to give that feeling of shelter. The pagoda is covered with climbing and flowering jasmine giving fragrance when in season. A block-built boiler house forms a backdrop giving a warm sheltered space throughout the year. Mature Acers naturally changing colours in keeping with the season are sporadically placed to give a burst of colour. A host of silver birch take up position towards the rear boundary wall. The south facing rear garden is enclosed on all sides adding to the privacy here. Laid with extensive lawns there are banks of planting with willowing sun flowers fading in the autumn season. The western side is level and tarred for pedestrian access and planted with fuchsia hedging. There is full driveway around the eastern gable to the rear of the property and the eastern boundary is planted with mature laurel hedge and palm inside the garden wall to ensure maximum privacy.
BER: D2 BER No. 115612327