Framed with landscaped greens against the backdrop of mature sycamore and silver birch trees the privacy of the small enclave of Monswood is set immediately. This development, built in 1997, has matured really well and is home to just 33 detached properties. When developed the overall site extended to approx. 10 acres and with just 33 homes it gives a sense of space given to each of the homes set here. As a result, it is seldom a property comes to the market in Monswood and Patricia Stokes Auctioneers & Valuers are delighted to now present No 12, a fine four bedroomed extended detached to the market for sale. The property abounds with space both inside and out where thought and attention is given to easy flow of living space required for families. Extending to over 2,000 sq. ft over two level, this home has been reconfigured with the addition of a bespoke Sigma Homes extension to enhance its offering. The property sports a B2 energy rating thanks to its insulation but also on account of the inclusion of solar panels as well as the all-important car charger. The property is immaculate and will allow the next purchaser to just arrive and literally hang their hat. The easy flow of transition between rooms is aided by pocket doors which slide into the wall cavities to create that open plan space when required and yet allows for each of the ground floor rooms to become their own identified space. Bespoke is a feature running through this home form the clever use of shadow gap skirting and architrave and doors to the kitchen, robes with the work delivered between Cullen View and Celtic Interiors. The overall accommodation is laid out with entrance hall, lounge, living room, kitchen/dining/family room, utility and guest wc all at entry level. The room to the rear offers three uses in one: kitchen, dining and family room. It measures an impressive 500 sq. ft ensuring each of the areas has a significant amount of space for the task at hand. The first floor is home to four spacious bedrooms with both the master bedroom and bedroom two offering en-suites, a family bathroom completes the accommodation at this level. The floor to ceiling height at both ground and first floor has allowed many within Monswood increase their accommodation into the attic space without having to compromise or impose on any of the current double bedrooms at first floor level. No. 12 offers that further opportunity should a discerning purchaser wish. The advantage of engaging the assistance of an architect when designing additional space to an existing home is that they truly ensure that every drop of daylight is captured regardless of time of day or year. The walls of glazing in the family room off the kitchen work in such a way to bounce the light from one to the other and back into the kitchen. The peep window in the gable is just at the right level to keep an eye on the garden while sitting at the breakfast counter. The property is maintenance free finished by the use of a mix of dry dash and red brick which gives this home instant appeal. The outside of the property is finished every bit as well with as much attention to detail as the inside with careful consideration as to how best to lay it out. Overlooking a mature green within the private cul de sac one almost feels its an extension of the front lawn. The rear of the property has a wonderful ambience with the use of a clever lighting plan as well as a warm backdrop of the Sigma Homes extension wrapped in wood. The location of this property offers easy access to a host of primary and post primary schools locally in Rochestown or alternative at Douglas Village. There is a regular bus service outside the park to the city centre with all that it has to offer from academic to shopping and entertainment experiences. There is also a selection of shopping, restaurant and sporting facilities available locally. Access to and from the south link road is also close by. Viewing is strictly by appointment and highly advised.
- Entrance Hall (2.00m x 4.20m 6.56ft x 13.78ft) Feature front door with inset stained glass feature. Glazed side lights with led insets. The entrance hall is finished with solid wood oak floor. Panelled underneath staircase with cloaks press. Finished in neutral inviting tones.
- Kitchen (3.80m x 4.00m 12.47ft x 13.12ft) A lovely kitchen designed and laid out in such a way to give easy interaction with both the dining and family room areas. This kitchen, designed and installed by Cullen View Interiors offers floor and eye level units with integrated appliances to include double oven, single oven/microwave combi and larder fridge freezer. The hob unit is centred on the counter top with integrated extractor overhead. An extensive island unit home to the dishwasher and sink complete with filter tap gives seating for breakfast bar dining. Finished with feature wine rack. This kitchen and breakfast counter is topped off with a quartz counter top and upstand between hob and extractor. Three pendent lights over the breakfast counter coupled with recessed lighting ensure for a lovely bright space. The same floor tile runs between the kitchen, family room, dining room and utility room to accentuate this space further. Double pocket doors with glazing to front lounge.
- Dining Room (4.00m x 3.71m 13.12ft x 12.17ft) Set aside from the kitchen space this dining room enjoys views to the garden via a glazed wall with door leading to the patio outside. Framed in such a way to give it its own identifiable space the ceiling shadow lighting is a beautiful feature and allows for any colour depending on the mood. Finished in neutral floor tiles akin to those in the kitchen and family room. Feature upstand radiator. Pocket door with glazing to living room.
- Family Room (3.40m x 4.39m 11.15ft x 14.40ft) Settled within an entire glazed section off the kitchen this family room is the perfect relaxation space. Exceptionally bright with roof Velux as well as a clever gable window at eye level to ensure views of the garden are capture just at the right spot when sitting at the breakfast counter. Finished in neutral floor tiles akin to those in the kitchen and dining.
- Lounge (4.00m x 5.60m 13.12ft x 18.37ft) A beautiful room located to the front of the home with deep set bay window overlooking the front landscaped garden and open green beyond. Accessed from the entrance hall or via pocked doors to the kitchen. This room is finished with solid wood oak flooring laid on extra insulation. Cast iron fireplace with mahogany surround. Fitted wall lights and centre light with cornicing completes this room.
- Living Room (3.60m x 4.80m 11.81ft x 15.75ft) A super feature in any house is to have this additional reception room. Accessed from the entrance hall or via pocket door to the dining this room has a sister deep set bay window to that in the lounge. Wall to wall bespoke shelving and cupboards makes sure a tidy-up is easy giving everything its place. Solid wood oak flooring.
- Utility Room (2.30m x 1.60m 7.55ft x 5.25ft) Fitted with floor and eye level units offering a tremendous amount of counter top space. Plumbed for washing machine and vented for tumble dryer. Fully tiled floor
- Guest WC (1.60m x 1.40m 5.25ft x 4.59ft) Fully fitted with two-piece suite to include vanity mirror with lights overhead. Finished with neutral floor tiles against a backdrop of a slate style tile on the feature wall.
- Landing ( ) Finished with carpet with gable landing window throwing additional light to the entrance hall.
- Master Bedroom (3.90m x 4.90m 12.80ft x 16.08ft) A lovely bright bedroom with the addition of a deep set bay window. Wall to wall bespoke robes fitted in walnut. Finished with walnut laminate floor and cornicing.
- En-suite (3.20m x 1.00m 10.50ft x 3.28ft) Three piece shower suite fully tiled in quality neutral tiling. Enclosed shower cubicle with pump shower. Pedestal sink with vanity mirror complete with lights complimenting the ceiling recessed lights. Gable window.
- Bedroom 2 (3.60m x 3.70m 11.81ft x 12.14ft) Every girls dream bedroom, double in size with its own en-suite. Wall to wall bespoke robes fitted returning into the alcove and offering plenty of storage. Finished in a fresh white and pink theme this room is spacious and bright.
- En-Suite 2 (2.60m x 1.00m 8.53ft x 3.28ft) Finished in white three piece shower suite and tiled. Electric shower fitted. Pedestal sink with over vanity mirror. Gable window.
- Bedroom 3 (3.60m x 3.90m 11.81ft x 12.80ft) Another fine double bedroom finished with wood laminate floor. Wall to wall fitted robes.
- Bedroom 4 (3.60m x 3.50m 11.81ft x 11.48ft) A fine double bedroom located to the rear of the property with wood laminate floor. Wall to wall fitted robe coupled with an additional double robe ensures this room is never short on storage.
- Bathroom (2.20m x 2.40m 7.22ft x 7.87ft) Family bathroom fitted with three piece suite to include sink, wc and bath. Electric shower fitted over bath complete with shower screen. Finished in neutral tiles.
– 2,000 sq. ft over two levels -B2 energy rating (extensive insulation and solar panels) -Bespoke is a feature running throughout -Architect designed Sigma Homes extension -Two en-suite Bedrooms -Convenient sought after location – Close to all amenities The front garden is lawned and enclosed with feature red brick low walls enclosing front and sides. Cobble lock paved driveway with ample parking through double black wrought iron gates. Access to the rear gardens via each side of the house again with privacy wrought iron gates fitted. The rear garden of this home is very special. Finished with lawns and mature border planting to include low and high shrubbery. An extensive patio runs from the dining room across to the family room and allows for easy outside dining. The back drop of the recent Sigma Homes addition to this home finished in warm wood cladding makes for a cosy evening outside. A bespoke lighting plan from discreet sunken patio lights to uplighters on the gable gives this outside space a lovely evening ambience.
BER: B2 BER No. 102918976 Energy Performance Indicator: 121.14 kWh/m²/yr