Standing in the grounds of Reeveswood are just 8 detached three storey homes. New to the market with Patricia Stokes Auctioneers and Valuers is No 10. a formidable five bedroomed family home. Built in 1997 this home offers approx. 2,583sq. ft. (240 sq. mt.) set out over three defined levels giving plenty of airy and bright space at each floor. This home has been well cared for by its current owners and has been upgraded and modernised during their time here. The property gives an excellent balance between living and bedroom accommodation and rooms at each floor have the capability of multi functions depending on the new home owners? requirements. It is unusual to have a home arrive to the market for sale in this sought-after location with most of the original 8 home owners still in place. It is a testament to the location, convenience and size designed back in the day to cater for everyday family needs. The accommodation gives rise to a welcoming entrance hall, a lounge with feature bay window, a family room, a kitchen cum dining room with glazed sun room, utility and guest wc all at entry level. A spacious landing at first floor gives access to four double bedrooms and family bathroom. The current master suite is located here with a feature bay window, fitted robes, vanity and full en-suite off. Bedroom 3 at this level also enjoys an en-suite. The landing at the second floor is multipurpose and offers a wealth of storage and linen press. The suite located at this level could easily be the master suite and is best described as a studio such is the space enjoyed within. It is further supported by a walk-in robe and full en-suite. Upgrades by the current family have included improved insulation which now accounts for the impressive B2 energy rating. They have also included the piping in place up to the roof space for solar hot water panels and there is already a dual coil cylinder in place. An easy task to connect for the new owners. There is a pressurised water system throughout the house with pump showers fitted. Finished in a maintenance free attractive red brick exterior coupled with dash and double glazed PVC windows this home offers a wealth of space in an easily managed envelope. The gardens of this home are extensive offering large lawns in the south facing rear garden enclosed with spectacular red robin hedge. A patio perfectly placed between the glazed sun room and the double doors off the family room give a lovely sheltered space to sit and dine alfresco. The side garden with a mature silver birch tree is also lawned and planted. A large garden shed to the other side of the property accommodates storage for all those gardening needs. The homes at Reeveswood are accessed through a peered entrance and arranged in a cul de sac setting looking out onto a mature green, framed from the Douglas Road by a line of mature beech hedging. The open green is populated with a number of fine mature beech trees depicting the maturity of this location. The convenience of the area can not be overstated with a host of primary and second level schools all within easy walking distance. The city centre is reached by foot or by the regular bus services of the 207 or the 220 opening up access to all the city schools and colleges. The village of Douglas on the doorstep has absolutely everything required for easy family life from a selection of retail and recreational facilities to evening dining. Viewing is highly recommended.
- Entrance Hall (4.70m x 4.00m 15.42ft x 13.12ft) Accessed via a high gloss black painted front door complete with glazed panels with stained glazed insets for natural light. This is a wide and welcoming entrance hall with oak flooring and painted in neutral tones. This entrance sets the tone of the level of finish to be expected as you wander through the rest of the property. A large landing window at the half return on the stairs ensures this area is always bright. Understairs storage cleverly fitted to take shoes etc.
- Kitchen/Dining Room (5.70m x 4.70m 18.70ft x 15.42ft) This is a beautiful room finished with a quarry tiled floor. The kitchen is fitted with an extensive number of units to include floor and eye level all hand painted and topped with a black granite worktop offering plenty of counter space. The kitchen is arranged in a fine U shape taking up all the space this spacious room has to offer while still leaving plenty of space for dining. Appliances include Rangemaster 5 ring cooker complete with integrated extractor hood, American Fridge/Freezer and integrated dishwasher. A double bowel sink unit is located beneath the side window complete with over pelmet with recessed lights. A customised island unit takes a central role with hidden stools beneath and further enhance the working space available here. Recessed lights ensure brightness at all times.
- Sun Room (2.90m x 2.70m 9.51ft x 8.86ft) Open plan to the kitchen and currently in use as the dining area this space could easily double up as a relaxation space all of its own. If offers a fully glazed return with double French doors connecting directly to the south facing rear garden and patio.
- Lounge (6.40m x 3.60m 21.00ft x 11.81ft) This is a beautiful room and enjoys a deep-set feature bay window located to the front of the property. Fitted with an open fireplace set in lovely black cast iron with marble hearth. This room is painted in neutral pleasing tones and finished with hardwood oak floor. Cornicing and centre rose finish off this room perfectly.
- Family Room (4.00m x 3.50m 13.12ft x 11.48ft) A beautiful family room with double glazed French doors accessing the south facing rear garden and patio. Finished with Oak hardwood floor and decorated in modern tones the room is finished with centre rose and cornice.
- Living Room (4.00m x 3.10m 13.12ft x 10.17ft) Located to the front of the property and finished with hardwood oak floor this room is particularly bright. It overlooks the front of the property and the mature open green beyond. A lovely place to sit and relax in the evenings this room offers a family a myriad of choices for its use.
- Utility Room (2.70m x 2.10m 8.86ft x 6.89ft) Finished in the same quarry tile as the kitchen floor this utility offers great space. Arranged in an L shape of units the utility enjoys fitted presses at floor and eye level a sister to those hand painted units in the kitchen. Single drainer sink unit set amidst plenty of counter top space. Plumbed for washing machine and vented for tumble dryer. Door to side garden
- Guest WC (3.00m x 0.80m 9.84ft x 2.62ft) A fine guest bathroom fitted with two-piece white suite. Fully tiled floor and walls. Gable window for natural light and ventilation.
- Stairs ( ) Fitted with carpet run and exposed varnished step. Teak posts and hand rail with pained newels. The stair case twists at half landing with gable window letting lots of natural light in.
- Landing (3.70m x 2.10m 12.14ft x 6.89ft) A lovely landing with plenty of natural light and space finished with carpet. Hot press.
- Master Bedroom (6.30m x 4.30m 20.67ft x 14.11ft) The current master bedroom is located here to the front of the property and has a feature bay window a sister to that of the lounge at the ground floor. Fitted with wall to wall slide robes. A cleverly tucked away and separate vanity area complete with fitted vanity table and drawer. The bedroom arrangement allows for bed recess. Finished with carpet and painted in appealing colours.
- En-suite (2.00m x 1.50m 6.56ft x 4.92ft) Fitted with three-piece white shower suite to include corner entry shower and extra large vanity sink complete with under sink storage and vanity mirror. Fully tiled walls and tiled floor in modern appealing tiles. Gable window for natural light and ventilation. Heated towel rail.
- Bedroom/Studio (5.70m x 5.50m 18.70ft x 18.04ft) The brightness and space of this top floor room can not be overstated with two Velux windows and a dormer window. This is a room to dream of. With its own en-suite and a full walk-in robe and extensive circulation space this room could be considered a little self-contained studio. It also offers the potential to the new owner for its use as the master suite. Finished with laminate floor which continues to bounce the light further. Bespoke shelving. The layout of this room can be orientated in a multitude of layouts. Further storage is available in the eves.
- Walk in Wardrobe (3.20m x 1.90m 10.50ft x 6.23ft) Left free for the next home owner to design it in whichever way they should wish. A gable window gives natural light to this room. Finished with a continuation of the wood laminate floor of the bedroom.
- En-suite (2.60m x 1.40m 8.53ft x 4.59ft) Newly fitted with white bathroom ware to include wall hung vanity sink complete with storage and drawers. Beautifully tiled floor and tiled walls. Heated towel rail. Fitted shelving and vanity mirror. Velux window fitted for light and ventilation.
- Bedroom 3 (3.20m x 3.00m 10.50ft x 9.84ft) Bedroom 3: 3.2m x 3.0m Located to the rear of the property at first floor level this third bedroom also enjoys its own en-suite. Extensive fitted wardrobe offering plenty of storage and hanging space. Bespoke bedside shelf.
- En-suite (3.00m x 1.70m 9.84ft x 5.58ft) A lovely ensuite fitted with three-piece white shower suite to include WC and wash hand basin. Tiled and lovely and bright.
- Bedroom 4 (4.40m x 3.20m 14.44ft x 10.50ft) Located to the front of the property at first floor level this is a fine square double bedroom. Finished with carpet flooring and boasting extensive fitted robes. A fitted desk allows for use as home office or study space.
- Bedroom 5 (4.40m x 2.90m 14.44ft x 9.51ft) Located to the rear of the property at first floor level this is a fine double bedroom. Finished with a backdrop of wallpaper giving a splash of colour and definition to the room. A bespoke corner desk is fitted and can easily double up as study or home office use. Finished with carpet floor.
- Bathroom (3.20m x 2.00m 10.50ft x 6.56ft) An unusual find is this family bathroom generous in size. Hosting a four-piece bathroom suite with an extra deep bath tub with shower attachment. Independent corner entry shower cubicle. Pedestal vanity sink unit complete with storage beneath and over mirror with pelmet lights. Fully tiled floor and walls in neutral theme.
- Landing (4.30m x 2.50m 14.11ft x 8.20ft) Accessed via continuation of the main staircase this landing is finished with carpet and enjoys a multitude of fitted storage presses fully shelved doubling up as a linen press. Gable window letting in natural light.
B2 energy rating Convenient much sought-after location Unique opportunity Easy access for schools and city centre Regular bus service PVC double glazed windows Maintenance free exterior Approx. 2,584 sq. ft. / 240 sq. mt Excellent broadband connectivity The outside of this home is clearly defined with a double driveway to the front. A mature lawn, wraps around the property with the lawn running along the side from front to rear and well capable of taking trampolines or goal posts. The south facing rear garden is encased by a spectacular red robin hedge and gives ultimate privacy. A patio perfectly placed between the glazed sun room and the double doors off the family room give a lovely sheltered space to sit and dine alfresco. There is access from the utility room to the second side entrance current host to a bespoke garden shed which sits perfectly there and caters for additional storage and all those gardening needs.
BER: B2 BER No. 106375330