Set at the top of Patricks Hill sits the beautiful Georgian terraced of Audley Place. Dating from 1840 these homes were built for the officer classes of the barracks directly behind them. New to the market for sale is No 2 Audley Place, a beautiful four/five bedroomed family home extending to 1,915 with the accommodation spread over three levels and panoramic views from each level across the city below. Sporting an inviting red front door coupled with sash windows and original wrought iron railing to the front it is sure to appeal. An extract from the National Inventory of Architectural heritage gives the following description of Audley Place and its significance. ?Terrace of nine three-bay two-storey houses, built c.1840. Smooth rendered walls. Square-headed window openings in moulded render surrounds with stone sills and six-over-six timber sliding sash windows. Square-headed door openings having flat entablatures with triglyphs carried on engaged Doric columns, granite thresholds and timber panelled doors. Front area bounded by wrought-iron railings having cast-iron embellishments on stone plinths. A fine terrace of elegant mid-nineteenth-century houses, designed with a classical symmetry that is emphasised by the fine Doric doorcases. The survival of much of the original fenestration and the fine iron-work railings contributes to their significance.? This home offers all of the character and features expected to be delivered by a home dating back to 1830 from tremendous floor to ceiling height, original skirting, doors, architrave, panelling, fire-places, extensive windows to maximise natural light, picture rails, cornicing. The property was constructed with an east/west aspect ensuring beautiful sunrises and sunsets are enjoyed regularly. The hidden treasure of an extensive walled in lawned garden to the rear is one that will appeal especially when coupled with the private rear vehicular access. While the layout of this home has remained intact down through the years the use of some of the rooms has changed in character with rooms taking on either bedroom or living room functions. Indeed bedrooms are interchangeable depending on the owners? requirements of where they feel their master suite should be located (rising or setting sun). The accommodation at entry level gives a beautiful lounge, and open plan kitchen/dining room complete with olde world hooks in the ceiling for hanging/curing meats, a utility and guest wc. There is access from the ground floor reception hall to a lovely inner courtyard before rising to the lawned enclosed rear gardens. The first floor gives rise to three rooms and the second floor offers two additional rooms. This home has an easy and comfortable flow to it. Heated by means of gas central heating sup-ported further by the warm welcoming fireplaces while the east west aspect allows for maximum solar gain. The convenient location of this home cannot be overstated. It is within strolling distance of the city centre and all that it has to offer from fresh daily produce from the English Market to evening meals in the VQ quarter. There is an abundance of educational facilities on the door-step from primary to secondary and UCC is within walking distance. 2 Audley Place is also well located within close proximity of The Mercy Hospital, The Bons and CUH. Kent Station and Bus Eireann?s headquarters at Parnell Place and Kent Station are easily reached for easy connectivity. Audley Place at the top of Patrick’s Hill has one of the best known views of Cork City. It looks out west across Bell?s Field, an extensive and well enjoyed open green and across to Shandon Bells while the views south is down to the heart of Cork City?s Patrick Street. Viewing is highly recommended.
- Reception Hall (9.60m x 1.40m 31.50ft x 4.59ft) Finished in neutral tones with exposed floor boards. Dado rail, cornicing and feature arch. Terra-cotta tiles to rear hall and understairs storage. Glazed door to rear courtyard.
- Lounge (4.80m x 4.50m 15.75ft x 14.76ft) A light filled room decorated in warm tones accessed from the reception hall and located to the front of the property. This lounge has wonderful proportions and has a deep set feature fireplace sitting at its centre complete with slate heart . The scale of this room is accentuated by the floor to ceiling height and enhanced windows sizes. Finished with exposed floorboards and cornicing. Double doors with glazing lead through to the kitchen/dining room giving an open plan layout when required
- Kitchen/Dining Room (4.80m x 4.60m 15.75ft x 15.09ft) Located to the rear of the property and finished with a slate floor the scale of which is unusual to find. The slate sourced by the current owners was salvaged and has been laid in such a professional way which makes it look like it has always been there. Fitted cast iron range. The kitchen enjoys a deep set Belfast sink with single drainer and tiled over work top surface. Fitted with a double rangemaster cooker and plumbed for the dishwasher.
- Utility Room (2.90m x 2.30m 9.51ft x 7.55ft) Located off the kitchen and finished with the same salvaged slate floor this room is plumbed for washing machine and enjoys fitted cupboards
- Guest WC (2.20m x 1.20m 7.22ft x 3.94ft) Fitted with a two piece bathroom suite and panelled to dado height. Heated towel rail and slate floor.
- Stairs ( ) The original staircase remains in place and has been stripped back and painted. It glides gently from floor to floor
- Landing (5.20m x 1.90m 17.06ft x 6.23ft) First floor landing Finished with painted original floor boards. A floor to ceiling window on the half return looks out over the lawned and enclosed rear garden and enclosed courtyard and lets in plenty of natural light.
- Bedroom 1 (5.10m x 4.40m 16.73ft x 14.44ft) A fine spacious and bright double bedroom with two floor to ceiling windows capturing commanding views out over the city. Stripped and stained original wide plank floor, cornicing and picture rail. Marble fireplace fitted with tiled inset and slate heart.
- Bedroom 2 (4.40m x 3.90m 14.44ft x 12.80ft) Double bedroom located to the rear of the property at first floor level. Finished with painted original floorboards maximum on the brightness enjoyed here. Marble fireplace fitted with slate heart.
- Bathroom (3.60m x 2.40m 11.81ft x 7.87ft) Accessed from bedroom two the bathroom has three piece coloured bathroom suite fitted to include wc, pedestal sink and bath. Painted in summer yellows and tastefully decorated. Hot press.
- Study (3.90m x 2.00m 12.80ft x 6.56ft) This room offers plenty of potential for a myriad of uses from home office/study, additional bedroom or another bathroom.
- Landing (2.90m x 2.20m 9.51ft x 7.22ft) Second floor landing With painted floorboards and exposed ceiling beams. Window at stair return letting in lots of natural light
- Bedroom 3 (6.50m x 4.10m 21.33ft x 13.45ft) Located on the top floor of the house this room runs the entire length of the property and looks out over Bells Field and the city beyond through three Velux windows. Currently subdivided to give two rooms this presents as a fabulous studio suite with its exposed rafters giving plenty of character to the room.
- Bedroom 4 (3.30m x 3.10m 10.83ft x 10.17ft) Looking out over the rear garden, a fine bedroom with painted exposed beams. Large Velux window gives lots of natural light.
A lovely enclosed private courtyard with whitewashed walls and landscaping. Gardens Lined and enclosed with original stone walls this rear garden is a true treasure and one of the more unusual features of a home located this close to the city centre. Accessed from the courtyard, the garden is lawned, enclosed and extensive offering enough space to create a bespoke home office or garden room to be constructed here without taking from the enjoyment of the landscaped space. There are mature plants and shrubs to give definition to the area. Rear vehicular access is via a privately accessed gated laneway to the rear of the property. The property has an on street presence at the top of Patricks Hill with plenty of parking in the immediate area.
Mains – Electricity, Mains Gas, Mains Sewerage, Mains (or Group) Water, Telephone.
- Period property
- Enclosed lawned rear garden
- Private vehicular access to rear
- 1,915 Sq. Ft
- Gas central heating
- Sought after location
- Rear Courtyard