Set in a crescent of seven detached houses with a green in front is No 17 Ardkeen. This is a lovely five-bedroom detached family home offering five double bedrooms – two of which are en-suite. The property also boasts extensive living rooms at entry level giving an overall size of 2,287 sq. ft. Built in 2006 this property has recently added a bespoke multipurpose modern garden room. The property is appealingly finished with red brick at ground floor level with painted sooth plaster overhead. Double glazed PVC windows complete the look and give this home a maintenance free exterior with a superb B2 energy rating. The overall accommodation includes a welcoming reception hall, lounge with deep set bay window, study or home office, family room which connects to both the reception hall and kitchen, kitchen/dining room, utility and guest WC – all at entry level. The first floor of this home has a lovely spacious landing, five double bedrooms and a family bathroom. It is unusual to find such a spacious detached family home in a setting as convenient as No 17 offers while at the same time offering plenty of space externally. The reception rooms are airy and bright and finished with hardwood floors. The open plan kitchen/dining room located to the rear of the property connects directly with the garden and is well fitted with a host of units and is fully tiled. Internal doors are oak and sit within moulded architrave. Additional features include a fireplace in the lounge with open fire, fitted robes and fully tiled bathrooms. The location of this home makes for an easy walk to local woodland and the blackwater river or into Fermoy town with its wonderful community spirit. In recent years new cafes, restaurants and retail options have made this a lively, engaging town while still within easy reach of Cork City and just off the M8 motorway with Dublin reachable in just 2 hours. It boasts a huge selection of energetic sporting options from GAA to rowing and soccer to golf. Sports and social activities exist for all age groups and the town also has its own swimming and leisure centre. Educational facilities offer a selection of both primary and second level schools to include St. Colman’s College, Loreto Convent and Coláiste an Chraoibhín. Primary schools include Gaelscoil de hÍde, Presentation Primary School, Bishop Murphy Memorial School, St. Josephs National School and Adair National School. Fermoy, based in the heart of the Blackwater valley with its forests, rivers and glens, has a thriving commercial base – with Moore Park on the outskirts of the town one of Europe?s leading agricultural research hubs. It was recently named Ireland?s cleanest town and a large focus has been placed on creating river walks, a picturesque landscaped public park and other natural amenities. Viewing highly recommended to see all that this home has to offer.
- Entrance Porch ( ) Covered, outside light.
- Reception Hall (4.50m x 4.10m 14.76ft x 13.45ft) Bright and inviting reception hall with fully tiled floor. Painted in neutral tones. Painted staircase to upper level with under stairs storage.
- Lounge (6.50m x 4.10m 21.33ft x 13.45ft) Accessed via double doors with glazed insets from the reception hall this room is tremendous in size. A deep set bay window looks out over the front of the property and when coupled with the additional gable window they bring in wonderful natural light to this room. A feature marble fireplace sits at the centre with black cast iron inset and tiled heart. Deep set alcoves either side offers ideal storage spaces. Radiator cover fitted, recessed lights and a hard wood floor completes this room.
- Study (2.40m x 2.30m 7.87ft x 7.55ft) Located to the front and just off the reception hall this room offers a myriad of uses from teenage study to home office. Finished with wood floor.
- Family Room (5.30m x 5.30m 17.39ft x 17.39ft) Perfectly located this wrap around room connects with ease to both the reception hall and the open plan kitchen/dining room. Perfectly bright with dual aspect windows and finished with wood floor.
- Kitchen/Dining Room (8.40m x 3.60m 27.56ft x 11.81ft) Spacious, bright and welcoming the kitchen/dining room is a well-used room. Connecting to the rear garden and patio via sliding doors off the dining space. The kitchen fitted with country cream units beneath a dark wood effect counter top is extensive with floor and eye level units with plenty of work top surface. Tiled between units and fully tiled floor. An island unit offers additional storage and working space. Integrated extracted hood and single drainer sink unit beneath big picture window looking out on to the rear garden. The dining area is located off to the side in a space of its own with double patio doors.
- Utility Room (2.40m x 2.40m 7.87ft x 7.87ft) Adjacent to the kitchen this is a fine utility room. It offers fitted units similar to those in the kitchen on both side of the room at floor and eye level. Tiled over counter top space with single drainer sink unit fitted. Plumbed for washing machine and tumble dryer. Gas boiler fitted here. Fully tiled floor
- Guest WC (2.40m x 1.40m 7.87ft x 4.59ft) Located off the utility room this is a spacious guest wc. Fitted with two-piece white suite. Wall hung sink tiled over with vanity mirror fitted.
- Stairs and Landing (6.30m x 2.50m 20.67ft x 8.20ft) The stair case is fitted with neural tone carpet run centred on the stairs. Painted in neural tones. The landing is spacious and finished with carpet.
- Master Bedroom (5.50m x 4.10m 18.04ft x 13.45ft) A lovely main bedroom located to the front of the property and dual in aspect with the help of both front facing and gable window. This room is very bright. Wall-to-wall fitted robes take up one wall allowing plenty of space for additional pieces of furniture in the room. Stain wood floor.
- En-suite (3.20m x 2.20m 10.50ft x 7.22ft) This room is fully tiled with white floor and wall tiles. A punch out of colour is used in the border dado tile. Fitted with three-piece white suite fitted to include WC, corner entry shower and wall mounted sink.
- Bedroom 2 (4.10m x 2.60m 13.45ft x 8.53ft) Located to the back of the property this is a lovely peaceful relaxing room. Double in size and finished with stained wood floor.
- En-suite (2.30m x 0.80m 7.55ft x 2.62ft) Fitted with three-piece white suite and fully tiled. Fully enclosed shower cubicle.
- Bedroom 3 (4.10m x 3.00m 13.45ft x 9.84ft) A fine double room with wall-to-wall fitted robes located to the rear of the property overlooking the rear garden. Finished with wood floor
- Bedroom 4 (4.00m x 2.60m 13.12ft x 8.53ft) Another double bedroom located overlooking the rear garden finished with wood floor.
- Bedroom 5 (4.00m x 2.80m 13.12ft x 9.19ft) Located to the front of the property this is a lovely double room finished with wood floor
- Main Bathroom (3.20m x 2.90m 10.50ft x 9.51ft) Fitted with three-piece white suite and fully tiled in a neural two-tone theme. Fitted units include WC, Vanity unit with wash and basin, under storage and vanity mirror, bath tub with electric shower overhead.
- Garden Room (3.70m x 2.70m 12.14ft x 8.86ft) A new addition to this home is the bespoke triple-glazed garden room located in the rear garden. Offering a myriad of uses this room is painted in neutral white inside and fitted with laminate floor. It is fully wired and painted in pale blue with punch out-doors and windows – it is appealing as the back drop to the garden.
The outside of this home is perfect with cobble lock drive to the front giving plenty of parking space. An open plan lawn surrounds the driveway and softens the look. Privacy gates are fitted on both sides of this property and give access to the side and rear gardens. The rear garden is lawned with a mature beech hedge encasing it to the rear. An extensive patio laid in cobble lock offers plenty of outdoor dining space. Storage for all gardening elements is catered for in a timber garden shed painted to compliment the bespoke garden room.
BER: B2 BER No. 107502445